Monday 26 August 2013

Beach, music, Prestige, beach...


First weekend – playtime!

2 teachers and I went to a beach on Saturday morning after their rehearsals. The scenery was nice, the sea nice and warm but the beach has too much rubbish for my liking. I guess the last time I was at a “foreign” beach was in the south of Myanmar, on a tiny island, in the middle of the Indian Ocean! It was good to swim in the warm sea though. Left the beach about 4.30pm, back to the house, showered and another disco nap!

Disco nap was NOT long enough! The concert started in time at 7pm and went on till … 10.45 pm with no interval! It was so incredibly hot anyway, but I guess with the body heat of 500 people (including pupils…) made it unbearable. The music was good though and the jazzy piece “Tequila” as the finale was just incredible. There was a girl sitting beside me who cannot be more than 2 years old – she slept quite a lot of the time but when Tequila came on, she woke up and started to bogey… It was lovely to see her sleepy, serious face light up with the music.

There was a party afterwards for dignitaries and volunteers but, I was a party pooper, escaped and went to bed instead. Bad girl!!!

Got up at 6.45am as one of the volunteers and I wanted to get to the Bassin Bleu before the whole world gets there. It was lovely, ice cool waterfall coming down from the mountain. Spent about an hour swimming and headed back to town. Went to another beach for the afternoon. Came back exhausted at about 5 pm and went to bed at 7pm, totally spent! I need to learn to pace myself better in this heat – it is just SO energy sapping to be doing much more than sitting and sipping Prestige! Wonder how long it will take me to get as laidback as this?

No comments:

Post a Comment